Questions about the process for the mention of international doctor EDUA. University of Alicante Doctoral School
Ir a contenido
Ir a Estudios, Gobernanza y organización
EDUA. University of Alicante Doctoral School
Questions about the process for the mention of international doctor
Will this mention appear on my degree?
The awarding of the mention to students of doctoral programmes regulated by Royal Decrees 56/2005, 1393/2007 and 99/2011 will allow the possibility of including the mention of "International Doctor" on the front of the degree.
In the studies regulated by Royal Decrees 185/1985 and 778/1998 the inclusion of this Mention is only possible to do on the academic certificate, since these degrees did not account for the possibility of including the Mention on the degree.
- Does the stay have to be continuous or can it be done in different time periods? It can be done in different time periods.
- Does the stay have to be done in a single institution or can it be done in several? It can be distributed between several institutions of the same or different countries.
- Can the thesis director certify the stay? Yes, but only in the case that the thesis director belongs to the same institution or research centre where the stay has been done.
Experts who write reports on the thesis
- Can the two experts belong to the same institution? Yes.
- Can the two experts belong to different institutions within a same country? Yes.
- Do the reports of external evaluation and the stay certificate have to be original? To simplify procedures, and since the person responbisble for the doctoral programme endorses the presented documents with his or her signature, it is acceptable that these documents are not the originals.
- Can the person responsible for the stay participate in the Tribunal? Yes, as long as there is another expert belonging to a non-Spanish research institution on the Tribunal.
- Can the experts who have issued the report take part on the Tribunal? Yes.