Online reading of doctoral thesis EDUA. University of Alicante Doctoral School
Ir a contenido
Ir a Estudios, Gobernanza y organización
EDUA. University of Alicante Doctoral School
Online reading of doctoral thesis
(Approved at the Doctoral Advisory Committee on 27 February 2013)
- CONCEPT: By online reading we understand that: if the doctoral candidate and/or the vocal for the tribunal are physically absent, their intervention will be done via videoconference.
- The tribunal will be physically formed at the University of Alicante by the people that act as president and secretary.
- For members not physically present at the University of Alicante there must be an institutional support that offers technical help necessary in order to carry out the reading process.
- The thesis director must apply for the videoconference service at the IT Service through the form available at their website, with a time period of at least 1 month before the presentation of the form "Presentation of the Doctoral Thesis" (word ).
- The IT Service will contact the applicant to complete the details of the requested service and do the necessary tests to guarantee the correct telematic connection. It will then issue a technical report which will be sent to the applicant and the EDUA. Without this favourable report, the videoconference reading option will not be possible.
- If the person missing is a vocal:
- The responsibility for the signature of the minutes will fall upon the person acting as secretary of the tribunal. To do so, they will have to send an e-mail with scanned copies of the delegation according to this model (word / pdf) as well as the passport or identification document in which your signature appears to the following address (email@example.com).
- The report must be done during the reading of the thesis and will be sent in a maximum time period of 24 hours, as a scanned copy via e-mail to the EDUA (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- If the day of the reading, the delegations of signature had not arrived via e-mail, it will be possible to carry out the reading of the thesis but it will not be possible to initiate the procedures for the issuing of the degree or certify any aspect of the reading act.
- Each member of the tribunal must fill a form which will be handed by the tribunal's secretary and will allow them to cast their secret vote for the obtaining of the «cum laude» mention and the evaluation for the extraordinary doctoral prizes. If a vocal is not physically present at the University of Alicante, they will have to send a scanned copy of this form through an e-mail to the EDUA (email@example.com). Until that moment it will not be possible to carry out the session for the scrutiny of secret votes of the tribunal.